exadata_metrics.pl main page
The exadata_metrics.pl utility is used to display Exadata real-time metrics extracted from the storage nodes cumulative metrics. It basically takes a snapshot of the cumulative metrics each second (default interval) and computes the delta with the previous snapshot.
Let’s see the help:
./exadata_metrics.pl help Usage: ./exadata_metrics.pl [Interval [Count]] [cell=|groupfile=] [display=] [show=] [top=] [name=] [name!=] [objectname=] [objectname!=] Default Interval : 1 second. Default Count : Unlimited Parameter Comment Default --------- ------- ------- CELL= comma-separated list of cells GROUPFILE= file containing list of cells SHOW= What to show (name included): cell,objectname ALL DISPLAY= What to display: snap,avg (comma separated list) SNAP TOP= Number of rows to display 10 NAME= ALL - Show all cumulative metrics (wildcard allowed) ALL NAME!= Exclude cumulative metrics (wildcard allowed) EMPTY OBJECTNAME= ALL - Show all objects (wildcard allowed) ALL OBJECTNAME!= Exclude objects (wildcard allowed) EMPTY utility assumes passwordless SSH from this cell node to the other cell nodes utility assumes ORACLE_HOME has been set (with celladmin user for example) Example : ./exadata_metrics.pl cell=cell Example : ./exadata_metrics.pl groupfile=./cell_group Example : ./exadata_metrics.pl groupfile=./cell_group show=name Example : ./exadata_metrics.pl cell=cell objectname='CD_disk03_cell' name!='.*RQ_W.*' Example : ./exadata_metrics.pl cell=cell name='.*BY.*' objectname='.*disk.*' name!='GD.*' objectname!='.*disk1.*'
You have to setup passwordless SSH from one cell to the other cells (Then you can launch the script from this cell).
The main options/features are:
- You can specify the number of snapshots and the time to wait between the snapshots.
- You can specify the cells on which you want to collect the metrics thanks to the cell or groupfile parameter.
- You can focus on some metrics thanks to the name= parameter (wildcard allowed).
- You can exclude some metrics thanks to the name!= parameter (wildcard allowed).
- You can focus on some metricobjectname thanks to the objectname= parameter (wildcard allowed).
- You can exclude some metricobjectname thanks to the objectname!= parameter (wildcard allowed).
- You can aggregate the values on the cells,on the objectname or both levels thanks to the show= parameter (see example here).
- You can display the snapshots, the average values since the script has been launched or both thanks to the display= parameter (see example here).
- You can compute the rate metrics thanks to the delta(s) column based on the collectiontime attribute (see example here).
Blog posts related to it:
- exadata_metrics.pl: New feature to collect real-time metrics extracted from cumulative metrics
- Exadata Cell metrics: collectionTime attribute, something that matters
- Exadata real-time metrics extracted from cumulative metrics: Part II
- Exadata real-time metrics extracted from cumulative metrics
The last version of the exadata_metrics.pl script is 2.1.
You can download it from this repository or copy the source code from this page.